Next time you are traveling to Tokyo with your family and children, do consider Shinagawa Prince hotel N Tower.
The location of the hotel is amazing. if you are flying into Tokyo via Haneda airport, there is a direct train service to Shinagawa via the Keikyu line that takes only 30minutes. Shinagawa is also a main station on the JR Yamanote line, and the hotel is located just opposite the JR station, which makes it a perfect location for travelling all over Tokyo.
Here are some other reasons why it's such a good choice:
1) They have a 33 meter square Twin bedroom that has beds you can push together and extra mattresses to accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. There was also a study table and living room area with a low table and sofa chairs, perfect for my toddler to read her books and play with her toys whilst daddy surfs the Internet.
2) The toilet and bathroom are separate, with a separate door for bathtub and shower area, so that members sharing the room can brush their teeth, bathe and use the toilet all at the same time.
3) I paid only JPY22,000 per room night (USD220) and this included 2 special coupons I could use either as entry passes to the Epson Aqua Stadium, or for buffet breakfast at the famous Hapuna buffet restaurant, or as JPY1890 credit at the retail stores within the Shinagawa Prince Hotel.
4) Hotel guests were entitled to 2hours free use of the Epson Business lounge on the 17th floor of the N Tower per day, with free Internet wifi and free flow soft drinks.
5) For people staying more than 2 days at the hotel, you could opt to save the earth and not have any room cleaning done for the next day and the hotel will reward you with a JPY500 voucher that can be used anywhere in the hotel.
6) There's a 7-11 convenient store just next to the N-Tower and lots of restaurants including McDonalds within a 2 minute walk.There's also a supermarket and bakery across the road and a wide array of shops including a pharmacy where you can buy cosmetics etc all within a 10minute radius.
7) Activities for the family abound with the Epson Aqua Stadium within the hotel compound - get up close and personal with the liveliest sharks, sawfish and rays upon entry, and enjoy the seal and sea lion shows as well as the exciting dolphin pool shows. It's a small aquarium but packed with exciting activities every hour to keep families occupied. When tired, you can also have ice cream and a coffee whilst the kids play at the arcade or take a ride on the giant sea creatures carousel.
8) there are also bowling and arcade facilities within the hotel compound, and a cinema for couples who want to catch a romantic movie together.
9) Free trouser press facilities are also available on every floor, and for late nighters who need a drink and are too lazy to go downstairs to the 7-11, there are vending machines on every level next to the lift lobby too.
Need I say more? For bookings, please visit the Shinagawa Prince hotel official website at http://www.princehotels.com/en/shinagawa/
The N-Tower is a new tower that opened on 29March2013. Hence it has the look and feel of a very new business hotel.