2012年4月11日水曜日

Ippudo Hong Kong

Couldn't resist checking out the latest most famous ramen place at TST Silvercord - Ippudo Hong Kong. It's founder wanted to created a ramen restaurant that women could comfortably stroll into and feel safe to eat ramen without being judged. Well, I think he achieved his goal as I strolled in with baby and we were seated and served quite quickly.
There was a good selection of starters but I chose my Japanese Kyuri (cucumber) which was chopped neatly and mixed with a slightly spicy wafu dressing and sprinkled with katsuo flakes (bonito).
It turned out to be a good choice as I had chosen the Aka miso soup base, which was supposed to be the most flavorful and spicy of the soup bases available. It was delicious!!! The waitress asked me how I would like my noodles - hard, soft or medium - I just told them to do it the "osusume" style ( what they would recommend) so my noodles were not too soggy and very chewy. I added an Onsen tamago (runny egg) and my ramen was plain heaven!!!
The restaurant was also very helpful as they offered to help me cut the strawberries I was feeding Kyo into smaller pieces and were also quick to offer me hot water and plate & utensils for Kyo's carrots & buns I had brought on my own.
To round off the meal, I ordered a fancy miso pudding, but it just tasted like a good creme brûlée and I could not detect any miso taste 
All in all, a good experience, and go during off peak hours as it makes the experience even more pleasant if you don't mind a late lunch or early dinner as the staff are more attentive and you still get the same good service!

0 件のコメント: