2012年7月23日月曜日

Hong Kong - list of Loves about this destination

This is probably my 20th trip to Hong Kong in my lifetime and I thought it would be interesting to map out what keeps me coming back despite the irks and the quirks.

LOVES...
1. My favorite people are living in Hong Kong. They are such wonderful people I would love to see them everytime I set foot on the Pearl of the Orient.
2. The Dim Sum is the best! My favorites include char siew bao, xo carrot cake, pig stomach and roast pork.
3. I love to Shop Shop Shop... With the hong kong dollar weaker than singapore dollar currently and the summer sales in full swing, most things are cheaper in hong kong. It especially makes a difference when you have pet peeves of buying designer wear for your baby, and when your favorite brands are Burberry Blue, Burberry Black and Jacadi, which is not available in Singapore. Also if u enjoy shopping for knickknacks like mobile phone cases, camera accessories, gadgets and cute Japanese toys - hong kong is a shopping haven for these things!
4. The Gongcha bubble tea is available in large size and they have ChaTime at the Hong Kong international airport. Yups, this is important for bubble tea junkies like me!
5. There are nice cafes with delicious drinks, muffins, cupcakes and desserts to indulge in some "sweet" times. I'm talking about L'Atelier de Robuchon, La Maison Du Chocolat, Agnes B Cafe, Pret A Manger and Hui Lau Shan.
Since I became a mother, I've also come to appreciate baby/child friendly cafes with free Babycinnos like Tree Cafe at Ap Lei Chau & Starbucks.
6. Most taxi drivers are considerate towards mums with tots in tow and will always help u with your stroller and ask u to take your time to embark or disembark the taxi.
7. The supermarkets like Park & Shop, Jasons and City Super have lots of imports from Japan, especially fresh fruit and milk and snacks, to satisfy my cravings for a taste of Japan.
8. I can watch the most up to date TVB dramas on TV.
9. There are baby snacks you can't find in Singapore like the organic Korean rice crackers from Eugenebaby my baby is addicted to!
10. It has theme parks like Disneyland and Ocean Park which make for great day trips with baby, as well as lots of urban playrooms i.e WISEKIDS (cyberport) and Play-town.

0 件のコメント: