2013年10月17日木曜日

Top Baby Products I will Recommend to other Moms - Part 1

Here's a list of baby products that have been indispensable throughout my 27 months of being a mum of my two year old and two month old. I will definitely recommend all other mums to consider using these products!

1. Pigeon Baby Nail Scissors / Nail Clipper - the scissors are available in 2 sizes, the smallest size is perfect for tender and thin newborn's nails. Upgrade to the bigger size nail scissors when baby turns one, and then from 18 months onwards when their nails get harder, you can transition to the pigeon nail clipper. 
*Pigeon nail scissors and nail clippers are available at cold storage and NTUC and are affordable and a big help to prevent baby from leaving undesirable scratches on their precious baby faces. The nail scissors also work better when they are babies as they are easier to maneuver and safe since baby's fingers are fast and movement unpredictable! 

2. Beaba Nose Sucker - this is the most  indispensable tool for babies who get the sniffles often. With 2 sizes for the suction tips, they can help relieve and clear little nostrils so that baby can breathe better and therefore prevent incessant crying caused by inability to latch on and drink milk when nose is stuck. 
*Available at Takashimaya - buy during the member's sale and get additional 10% off retail price. Alternatively, other baby stores like Spring Maternity and The First Few Years also sell this product. 

3. Philips Avent Magic Cream - I've tried so many other baby creams but this one wins hands down! It's so smooth to apply, smells great and we used this on my older one so much her bum is officially smoother than her face! (Says her grandmothers) We use the cream as a moisturizer all over the body and also very generously around the nappy area to ensure prevention of nappy rash. Any milk rash around baby's mouth area we apply as well and it clears up quite quickly. The only other cream we use is the Dermaveen Eczema cream which is even more moisturizing and made of oatmeal. That one helps with baby's breakout of eczema due to allergy and helps ease the itch to break the itch-scratch cycle.

4. Milk Bar - this is a pillow I use during pregnancy as a bolster and then as a support for baby to lie on during breast feeding. It is so comfortable my 2 babies both love it and use it every day. 

5. Eucalyptus Oil - this is a great substitute for the Ruyi oil that most older folks will recommend to rid baby's gaseous tummy issues. The green eucalyptus oil is good for newborns up to 1 year old where I feel they are still too young for application of the very strong Ruyi oil. It's either eucalyptus oil or Vicks baby balsam for me. 

6. Baby Farlin Lighting Ear Picker - please refer to separate blog post for details: http://aderbberry.blogspot.sg/2012/05/baby-farlin-lighting-ear-cleaner.html

7. Beaba Babycook - since my first toddler started solids, the Beaba baby cook has been serving me well at home or on my travels. It is 1 item I take everywhere with me and I've used it to make purees to porridge to steaming buns, edamame and rice. It's quick, convenient and very easy to use (once you get the hang of it). Welcome to the new age of cooking -

8. Hooter Hiders (by Bebe Au Lait) Nursing Cover - I received this as a gift from my girlfriends when I had my first baby's baby shower. Didn't think it would be the most inseparable item in my 18 months of breastfeeding my first baby, but it has been the must have item in my bag because it makes it possible for me to feed baby anywhere and anytime baby gets hungry (and protects my modesty). I can still see baby's face from the top of the hooter hiders when I'm adjusting her position, and the best part is it provides protection against UV rays and baby doesn't get too toasty/hot when I have to breastfeed in non air-conditioned areas.

9. Ergo Baby Carrier - refer to separate blog post on why this product is a must have for new parents: http://aderbberry.blogspot.sg/2012/05/ergo-baby-carrier-must-have-for-new.html

10. Transparent drawers from Howards Storage - I absolutely love these because you can see exactly what is in the drawers. I use these stackable units as my kids' clothes drawers in their wardrobe and to store their snacks and my snacks in my dry kitchen. 

0 件のコメント: