Today we decided we would venture down the Northeast MRT line to Farrer Park and revisit City Square mall.
It was Kyo's first time there and I hadn't been there since it had first opened!
Surprisingly, we managed to buy lots of things. I had remembered CitySquare to be a mall with too many F&B outlets and had no recollection of the actual shopping there. I was pleasantly surprised that there were some good deals hiding in plain sight!
1. Watsons - I have searched many Watsons for my favorite dried guava snack but it is often out of stock. This outlet had so many I bought 2 to last me till end of March
2. Four Seasons Organic Market - this shop had a good selection of organic baby stuff. Managed to get Earth's Best small cans of single flavor baby food - carrot, prune & sweet potato. Wanted to let Kyo try & see if she likes it as much as her Earth's Best bananas. Also got Kyo a new snack! Mixed berries !!!
3. Mini Bits - this Accessories shop was having a moving sale so most merchandise was 50% off. I bought a scrungy for $1.50
4. Mom's Cottage - this shop had interesting collection of clothes, furniture and even name trains! The Rufflebutts collection was having a promotion - buy 1 get 1 free, so we got 2 dresses for the price of 1! Nice salesgirl too. They also customize words on ballerina dresses and tops so next time I need to plan a gift for some special little girl, I know where to go!
For an idea of what else they sell, visit: http://momscottage.com.sg/
5. Mini Toons - passed by the shop when I was exploring level B2, and found a very light and cute nightlight to take with us on our trip to Hong Kong. Yes, it's Rilakkuma!
The toilets at CitySquare were also parent & child friendly with very clear signage. Only problem was the auto hand dryer which made such a loud noise it made Kyo jump when she first heard it! びっくりした! Kyo was unexpectedly comfortable in the baby seat cubicle and even smiled for the camera.
Check out the pictures for our loot and pics from today's adventure.
DID U KNOW?
You can rent Little Tikes push pram for the little ones for easy shopping convenience if you did not bring your stroller with you. Just go to the customer service counter for assistance. For more information on City Square's family friendly features, please visit: http://www.citysquaremall.com.sg/familyfriendfeatures.php