2012年2月20日月曜日

Whitney Houston - R.I.P

Watched the E! Entertainment special on Whitney Houston yesterday and felt very sad at her demise and nostalgic. They talked about how her voice had deteriorated over the years and made me realize that her talent was so powerful and voice so unforgettable that it didn't matter even if it didn't last. She would always remain a legend for having been the unique one who had been able to carry off such a powerful voice and sing such wonderful songs.
I felt so sorry that she's had a hard life (having to deal with infidelity and a crazy husband & having to battle drugs) despite the fame & riches. I guess that's just the way life is.
Imperfection & impermanence... Yet it is because of all these flaws that somehow her voice seems to transcend and sound even more beautiful & haunting...
Q"and I....will always love you" the opening of the soundtrack of Bodyguard rings in my ears as I write this post. A very unforgettable voice indeed. ♪♪
I hope she rests in peace and may her next lifetime be one of less suffering.

0 件のコメント: