2012年2月17日金曜日

SHOPPING  every girls favorite pastime

After having a baby, I must admit that I shop alot more than I used to. People think I'm using my baby as an excuse or coverup for my shopaholic tendencies, but those who've been out with me & Kyo will testify that it is true that my baby adores shopping malls for their bright lights, crowds and flurry of activity, and she absolutely loves shopping for clothes and all things girly.
So which of the malls do I go shopping most often? For parents like us, it has to be a mall which is equipped with a place where we can change diapers or nurse the little one. Here is a list of my favorite malls and tips on where the baby rooms/ nursery/ changing facilities are. Hope the list will be helpful when u decide to hit the mall next time. 

1. Paragon Orchard - there are 2 private nursing rooms and 2 change tables on level 4 at the ladies bathroom closest to lift lobby C. This is also the level with all the kids shopping. I frequent "The First Few Years" most as they have some very good promotions. Staff is also helpful & friendly. Got my medela electric breast pumps, Ergo wrap and also my lasinoh breast pads there.

2. Takashimaya - Has the biggest nursery of all malls at the kids department (next to lingerie dept). Lots of space and change mats to accommodate babies, but unfortunately only 3 seats for breastfeeding. Also has sink & hot water which is useful for those making formula milk.
We shop for baby stuff @Takashimaya only when the members' sale is on and additional 10% discount is applicable. Got my Beaba babycook during the christmas season last year although they failed to deliver by Christmas and we had to wait till Jan to receive the goods.

3. Orchard Central - my favorite mall! This is where I had won an iPad in the lucky draw and I just love all the free gifts and the mall promotions. Of course it is also where my favorite Kenko's is located and where we go for massages every weekend.
There are lots of toilets on every level and at each end of the mall. Where there is a wheelchair toilet, there will be baby bassinet for changing. Also the first cubicle in the ladies is equipped with baby seat for u to leave your infant whilst relieving yourself. I love the heated seats with washlet functions which makes toilet going such an enjoyment!

4. Centrepoint - I recently discovered the lovely nursery on level 3. Its right at the end of the mall. (where Poh Kim and Marks & Spencer is - towards the StarHub centre side) Very spacious nursery with seats for care givers, sinks, several change tables and private nursing room that can accommodate up to 4 mums.
We go to Centrepoint mainly to check out the Splatter artwork @Robinsons and BabyGap. Also we got our baby piano from the Robert Piano outlet there.

5. Millennia Walk - the nursing room is located in B1 and you can get there from the escalator just behind the customer service desk on level 1. There are 2 private nursing rooms and baby chairs as well as change table & sink. The nursing rooms also come with a small table which is useful for putting all our stuff I.e bags & shopping. I go to Parco at Millenia Walk and Harvey Norman as it's a nice quiet mall to hang out on weekdays, and a convenient location via MRT Circle Line and within walking distance to Marina Square and Suntec City.

6. Plaza Singapura - the mall where I go for my hair cuts, hair treatment and do my nails (Hair Mechanics and Hood Earth Nail Spa on Level 2). This mall also has the baby spa on level 3 which is the closest shop to the baby changing facilities at the level 3 toilet. There is a private room too for nursing but closing and opening the sliding door is a challenge! Other shops in this mall which are notable is Boost juice on cinema level, Nando's, and Daiso.

7. Forum The Shopping Mall - I'm always at Forum when I want to get my baby something special from DKNY. The items from previous season always go on sale at really good pricepoints. The Mothers room is on level 1 and is very tastefully decorated with up to 2 nursing private cubicles.

DID U KNOW?
The kids and baby range for UNIQLO will be available from 17Feb2012 onwards at UNIQLO @313 Somerset and UNIQLO Causeway Point. Another value for $$ shopping choice for those of us parents who love the likes of FOX Baby, Baby Gap, COTTON ON kids, and the H&M Baby range.

0 件のコメント: