2012年2月14日火曜日

Weaning Recipes - Chicken & Carrot Porridge 

Since Kyo was 5 months & 2 weeks old, I had started her on organic porridge & puree; all along porridge had always been sweet and associated with fruits. I would add carrots, sweet potatoes etc, but it would always be masked by the puree I added (mainly apple, pear or banana puree from Holle).
Recently, Kyo has been restless at mealtimes and refusing to open her mouth to take the porridge.
I did not want her going back to pure breastfeeding so I decided I'll start giving her chicken and a taste of savory porridge instead of sweet.
Since there should be no salt added to Kyo's porridge, and also not too much meat, I decided to buy chicken bones ( which had part breast meat) to cook up a tasty chicken stock.
After boiling the fresh chicken bones over low fire for half hour, I added the boiling stock to her Holle organic porridge, then blended the porridge with carrots & a few pieces of chicken all together in my Beaba Babycook.
This was the first time I realized how easy it was to make baby food using the Beaba babycook. It was a present from myself last Christmas in preparation for all the traveling we were going to do this year. I'm definitely going to take it with me to Hong Kong.
If anyone needs any honest feedback on the following products I'm using, just post a question to this post & I'll respond ASAP.
1. Beaba babycook
2. Holle organic porridge
3. Holle organic puree (apple/pear)
4. Earths Best organic bananas

DID U KNOW?
Holle products are available at Supernature B1 Paragon. Beaba babycook is retailing at Takashimaya, The First Few Years @Paragon, Motherswork @Great world city.

0 件のコメント: