2012年3月18日日曜日

My First Birthday A.K. - Surprise!!!

My hubby was once again successful in tricking me into thinking that we were going to spend my birthday having a quiet brunch at Grand Hyatt, just him, me & baby.
I did not suspect anything and was getting annoyed at my husband for dily- dalying and nearly risk losing our table booked at the Grand Hyatt.
Once we got to Grand Hyatt Tiffin Room, the staff mentioned "please come this way, the rest are already here" and I smugly told my hubby that they must have gotten his name wrong and was going to show us to a wrong table. I was about to feel embarrassed for the staff when I noticed some very familiar faces at the table near the ice-cream & cold cakes buffet line...
My friends Honghanh, George and their baby Elizabeth as well as Julie and her daughter Olivia!!! I was just thinking what a coincidence when... wait a minute... they are here to celebrate my birthday!!! My sneaky husband had invited the 2 of my favorite families in HK to surprise me!!!
It has been a long time since I've felt so genuinely surprised. I was really not expecting this. I was so happy to see all of them! 
Not only did my friends grace my birthday brunch with their presence, they also prepared really lovely gifts which made me feel so special to all of them. We took polaroids together and stuffed our faces with the great buffet at Tiffin. I even had a lovely Maison Du Chocolat birthday cake to take home with me!
I'm really glad my hubby took lengths to keep this surprise from me. It really made it so special and I just love how he understands me so well and always goes out of his way to plan these things.
My first birthday after Kyo - Part One = Big Surprise Birthday Brunch!

0 件のコメント: