2012年3月12日月曜日

Beware!!! Fake cake donuts!!!

My favorite donuts in Singapore are the cake donuts from St Leaven (Four Leaves group) at Takashimaya basement. These used to be sold under the branding Pop Doh, but Pop Doh has since been closed down and fortunately the delicious cake donuts can still be found at the St Leaven bakery.
I thought I had struck gold when I found a similar looking donut at the Panash bakery here in Hong Kong (@ iSquare) but lo and behold!!! When I bit into it with all the cravings for my beloved cake donut, I realized to my disappointment that the donut was an yeast donut! Fried yeast donuts I have been avoiding for years. The only one I'll ever have are the original glazed ones from Krispy Kreme.
Moral of story: sometimes what you see is not what you get 

0 件のコメント: