2012年4月22日日曜日

Ichiban Boshi, Ichiban Sushi - our most frequented haunt these days

Which Japanese restaurant chain am I putting my money  into recently??
Ichiban Boshi, Ichiban Sushi and basically the whole line of restaurants under the Kuriya group. Pray tell why?
1. The Stamp card system is one of the best! Every $20 spent entitles you to a stamp and every few stamps you can redeem free dishes or exchange for vouchers. If you complete the card before the expiry date, you can also play "spin the wheel" to get up to $80 worth of vouchers. And every card is entitled to take part in the grand lucky draw as well whose prize includes a trip for 2 to Japan for a gourmet tour!
2. The food is good and very reasonably priced. My husband loves the curry Katsu rice and I love the sashimi salad, chirashi, temaki, and even the super value sets for redemption (tenzaru soba)!
3. The dessert is great! I redeemed this green tea red bean with shiratama. (refer to pic) my only complaint is they always run out of kanten jelly when you order the anmitsu, so ask before ordering!
4. Sometimes they have interesting seasonal specials. I recently tried their Uni Wagyu don (refer to pic) and it was sinfully delicious! Also their chawanmushi does not contain ebi (prawns), only crab, which is perfect for non-ebi eaters like me!
5. The service is great. During peak hours or busy weekends they may be slow, but always considerate to couples with babies and service with a smile! 
Next time you want to try a Japanese restaurant, go to Ichiban. My favorite outlets are the ones at Shokotsu NEX, Centrepoint, Hougang Mall, and the Shimbashi Soba at Paragon basement.

0 件のコメント: