2012年4月23日月曜日

Happiness is... a Warm Puppy

Happiness is... A Warm Puppy - One of my favorite childhood reads that I've kept till today, hoping when I was 12 years old to one day be able to share with my children how much this book has guided me through life. Who would have guessed that 19 years later I can actually share this with my daughter?
Watching my daughter roll around with the Snoopy plush I had caught from a UFO catcher in Tokyo many years ago, how she affectionately rubs her nose into Snoopy's face brought a smile to my face. The effort and close to 3000yen that was invested into getting this Snoopy seemed all worthwhile just this instance. It was like a page in the book come true.
Yes, I am proud to say I experience happiness everyday. With my family, close friends and all the simple things in life. Everyday, I ask my self to fill out the blanks: Happiness is...?? And I feel blessed that I never run out of answers.
That heartwarming feeling of happiness keeps me going everyday and I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
If you are not feeling good today, try filling out the blanks. Happiness is... ??Go do something that you love, or go see someone you love. Hug a plush, eat an ice-cream, listen to your favorite song, tell someone you love him/her. Everyone deserves that heartwarming feeling, because sometimes happiness is... Simply a warm puppy. 

0 件のコメント: