2012年4月9日月曜日

A moment of anger at the MRT

I was so angry at the Kovan MRT station control gates today I yelled "idiot" at the young man who stood opposite of me at the larger set of gates meant for people who had stollers or luggages or special needs. He was trying to beat me at tapping his ezlink card so that he could use the gate for entry, whilst I was trying to make my exit with a 9kg baby strapped to my front and 2 hands full of plastic bags with our dinner for the night.
I was furious so I crossed anyway and shouted idiot to his face. The gates nearly closed on me & my baby because the system had read his ezlink tap instead of mine.
What an IDIOT!!!
It's been a long time since I've blown my top in public but this guy was just too much. Considering he had no luggages nor strollers nor was he fat nor did the other gates seem extremely busy, there is just no excuse for him to insist on using those gates especially since someone else with more explicable needs was just before him!!! No doubt my outburst was rash and probably not the best thing to do when travelling with baby, but how else could I show I am not standing down nor putting up with any sort of social bullying nor am I willing to condone stupidity or a major lack of consideration for others??
Please, if u are reading this post, don't be that person who rushes to use the special gate just because it is big. Understand that there are others who might need to use that channel more an if it's not you, don't use it.
I yearn for the day singapore finally becomes a gracious society. In the meantime, I can only hope I do not have to repeat vocalizing such outrages again.

0 件のコメント: