Finally had a chance to utilize the free weekday high tea voucher for 2 received from Kenko last Monday. Enjoyed great sister-bonding time whilst stuffing our faces at the high tea buffet at Swatow Seafood Restaurant.
Here's sharing what made it a good experience:
1) lots of parking behind blk 181. ERP parking made it easy as no need to punch parking coupons. Total parking damage from 3-445pm was only $2.45
2) although we used free vouchers, service and treatment was the same ad regular patrons. We even received $5 discount vouchers before we left although we paid nothing!
3) There was all-you-can/drink refreshing cold barley and plum juice on top of chinese tea, cold and warm water
4) no need to queue at any buffet line, just wait at your seat and the food comes to you!
5) you can indicate any amount of the food you want i.e. by pieces or by basket
6) there was a bowl of sharks fin soup and some abalone special dish that came, although this was rationed at one per patron
7) other good stuff we ate: BBQ pork buns/ chicken feet/ xiaolongbao/ charsiew rice rolls/ haechor/ shrimp dumplings/ steamed pork ribs/ custard buns/ fried yam rolls/ prawn tempura/ glutinous rice/ stirfried vegetables/ guilin gao/ almond beancurd & longan
Swatow Seafood Restaurant is located at Toa Payoh Lor 4 Blk 181. For more details visit: www.swatow.com.sg
At $23.90 per person on a weekday and $26.90 per person on a weekend, it is not expensive if your stomach can hold alot of food. But if you can't eat more than 4 items, I'll recommend you not do dim sum buffets as it will not be worth it! It's been ages since I tried a dim sum buffet... Both sis & I admit that we are no longer young as we could only stomach 1 serving of every dish between the 2 of us. Sighz... 岁月不留人...