Stumbled upon House @ Dempsey Hill one afternoon last week when scouting for a good place for late lunch & high tea with a group of mummies. P
House was not too baby/mummy friendly as we had to walk a long flight of stairs down to the actual restaurant (lugging our strollers and toddlers along). The service was also mediocre. We were given a table right at the end of the restaurant and it took quite abit of effort to get our order taken. I tried the vintage high tea buffet, and I must say it was only average satisfaction for $25 per person (with OCBC credit card, you do get 10% off though).
1. It is truly a DIY buffet. Even for the tea you are given a teacup and you must pour it yourself!
2. Only 2 selections of tea, one ginger & one elderberry or something. Both strong teas but you are expected to use 1 teacup to try them both.
3. Bread basket had slices of bread exposed for too long and bread was hard and old and no longer tasted good.
4. Wanted to try the Cheese and crackers, but 5 times I went to the buffet line, the crackers were all gone. Either no refills or some greedy cracker oaf must have been around at the buffet that day.
5. Cupcakes were colorful, but a tad too sweet.
6. Managed to get one Vietnamese rice roll. Consecutive refills were all fried vegetarian spring rolls instead but tag saying "Vietnamese rice rolls" was not changed... A cheaper and less healthy alternative??
The restaurant's walls also had pins sticking out everywhere, hence not a good place for babies/toddlers to explore or run around. Last time I'll go there with other mummies, especially if we want to chit chat and let the kids play with one another.