2007年10月29日月曜日

My First 10km Real Run

Yesterday I ran my first 10km marathon.
The official name for the marathon was "New Balance Real Run, The Ultimate X-Terrain Challenge", which was curiously apt and really meaningful.
You see, for people who like to run, who love the sun and make jogging and training a regular part of their lives, this run is probably just another marathon to create a new 10km record.
But for a girl who had proclaimed for the first quarter of a century of her life that she hated running, the hot sun, getting sweaty and building muscles in the lower leg calves, this run was really an exclamation and beginning of a new chapter in my life.
Today I can proudly proclaim I've "been there, done it".
The truth is, I never doubted my ability to complete 10km.
Sure I knew I wouldn't be fast, that my 1hr 25mins 30s wasn't going to be too amazing a record, and yes, I was fully aware that I would spend the rest of my Sunday resting on my couch, miss church and end up nursing a left leg that couldn't lift past the height of my right calf and result in clumsy bundling into cabs (instead of hopping in) for the next 2 days.
But it was worth it because it set the pace for my life going forward. A step towards realigning my life physically and mentally to be balanced and constantly challenging.
Thus my insight into the name of the run bearing much more meaning than it was meant to be. The number that I was randomly assigned for this run was also strangely significant.
I was WO6226. Nice numbers, but no, I didn't buy 4D. Maybe I should have, since it clearly reflected the age of my mental maturity as well as my physical age. Yes, I do think I have the mental maturity of a 62 year old and yes, unfortunately I am already 26 years old. Though my peers tend to think me younger coz I am short & somewhat small-sized. well, for those who know me, socially I am 21.

Well, now that the 10km is cleared, the regiment continues.

My next challenge is to cross my own version of the X-terrain:

The Physical X - Health & Well Being Challenge
(1) Do golf practice at least once every 2 weeks at the range
(2) Start golf academy in December (once a week) (3) Start jogging at least once a week
(4) Resume swimming once a week (5) Hot Yoga at least once a week
(6) Gym once a week (for training arms & stamina) (7) Daily TV exercise routine

The Mental X - Brain Enhancement Challenge
(1) Read at least 1 article from Reader's Digest weekly
(2) Write my online Japanese diary at least twice a month
(3) Read 1 Japanese book in 2 months (4) Write 1 Chinese article every 2 weeks
(5) Read the bible (6) Clean my room (7) File my bills (8) Get enough sleep

The Beauty X - Body Beautiful Challenge
(1) Liquid/Gel Facial once in 2 weeks (2) Black mask once a month (3) Sunblock every day
(4) Salad over weekends... Cherry tomatoes + Japanese Cucumbers
(5) Moisturize body every weekend (6) Moisturize hands every day
(7) Moisturize feet at least twice a week (8) Feet scrub exfoliation once a month
(9) Hair tonic every other night (10) Alternate shampoos/tonics/conditioners
(11) Hot Tea infusions over weekends (12) Low fat milk diet (13) Low carb diet
(14) Fastfood max once a month (15) Milktea max once a week
(16) Fried Chicken max once a month (17) Lots of water (18) High liquid diet
(19) Balanced sodium diet (20) small portions (21) TV+Trampoline (22) TV+UZap

Look back here again to check my progress... how disciplined I can stay is hard to say... but I'm fired up to continue the pace of the 10km run & starting somewhere is better than not starting at all. That first step was fundamental. (^_^)Y

0 件のコメント: