2012年5月2日水曜日

Colored Glutinous Rice Balls - Remembering My Maternal Grandma

One of my most treasured memories with my maternal Grandma was that of making Tang Yuan 汤圆 (rolling pink & white colored glutinous rice balls to be added to sweet soup).
Recently I decided to try my hand at making a similar dessert as I'm hoping to be able to roll glutinous rice balls with my daughter when she gets older.
Using a slow cooker, it was just a matter of putting all the ingredients together before adding water and boiling. I used barley, dried longan and dried sweet wintermelon strips. Then added the colored glutinous rice balls just 10mins before ready to serve.
I really miss making these balls with Grandma and can't believe it's been almost 13 years since she left us.
"Ah Mah, I will always love and miss you." ~ Ah Jun

0 件のコメント: