2012年12月21日金曜日

21.12.2012 - Bring It On!!!

There's a time for everything. If the world were to end now, I don't think I would be upset since I would be lying right next to my dearest baby. Most importantly, I have no regret in my short lifetime of 31 years. Everything I've done up has led up to the happiness I enjoy today and for that I am grateful.
Recalling the challenges, big and small, the most memorable survivor moments I will always cherish are:
1. Getting past smashing my cello to loving my cello.
2. Surviving a night of collapse from high fever in a Bedok HDB flat, where I knocked over bamboo poles, knocked down a typewriter and still managed to crawl all the way to my room and knock out on the floor mattress. Most amazing thing was my whole family remained asleep and only discovered the collateral damage the following morning and they panicked, thinking it was a house break-in.
3. No injury occurred when I fell facedown diagonally in the lift after getting suddenly drunk from drinking too much Hoegarden beer. Most memorable was my sister laughing and exclaiming "mummy's gonna kill me" as I regained consciousness after 10seconds.
4. Getting past the death of a good friend and the guilt of not being there for her when she most needed it.
5. Surviving my birthday in Macau where I had my first flaming lamborghini and was challenged to finish 10 Macdonald ice cream cones. I ended up downing 3 or 5?! The details vary according to the witnesses but was shocking when I saw the video of my own manic state several years later. I realized one really imagines a whole different reality when drunk. 
6. Not being afraid to dive right in when I fall in love. I believe in true love that lasts forever and I am glad I never stopped believing. Otherwise I wouldn't be married to the love of my life and we wouldn't have created the love of our lives.
7. Becoming a Parent is the most recent and most exciting challenge I continue to face everyday. Apart from surviving the physical challenge of popping out a baby (albeit with some help from an epidural and episitomy), there's so much a mother struggles with everyday for the rest of her life as her baby grows up next to her. Lack of sleep and rest aside, keeping oneself healthy and ready to be there for the little one every step of the way is all part of this god-given responsibility. Life has changed since parenthood, but I'll always embrace the positive effects of these changes.
a) no alcohol = healthier body
b) always hungry when breastfeeding = incentive to power up one's body with all my favorite healthy foods
c) cutting baby's nails/hair while she sleeps = training extreme patience & endurance
d) no me time as baby is superglued and wants to spend every waking hour with mummy = enjoy the love while it lasts
I feel strongly a warped sense of time as on one hand, it feels like my baby is growing up so fast, yet it hardly feels like we have only spent 18months together (or 27 months, if you count the months she was in my womb), it feels more like a lifetime. And then there is a part of me that can't wait for her to grow up so that I can travel the world with her and show her all these beautiful places and share all the wonderful experiences I have loved and enjoyed as a youth myself.

0 件のコメント: